Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 155

Traveled to mainland.... stocked up on goods..... at my new favorite place called, "BJ's", where one living on an secluded island can get a lot of goods in large quantity.  I have yet to be caught on the island with a strong craving for something and then not been able to get a hold of it ( which was a fear before moving to elliott, I keep plenty of chocolate or nutella on hand for emergencies.) But I do find I miss ice cream, getting it here without it becoming creamy milk just isn't possible. I have seriously considered buying an ice cream maker. I hear plenty of people get these and then not use them much- but I think my situation is just what an ice cream maker was invented for. I have been reading lots of recipes for ice cream lately and day dreaming of delicious creations... and then maybe selling it to campers. Evan is on the hunt for a boat, this is all he can think about right now... every time I want to buy something, Evan reminds me of this fact. Who buys a boat in this economy? We do, I guess it's a buyers market! Something we are both excited about! We both are dreaming of wake boarding, snorkeling and relaxing on our new yacht (or small, quaint little boat)

3 comments:

  1. a yacht?!! sweet!!
    yea..i had an ice cream maker (two actually) and sold both of them a our yard sales.... wish i would have known you wanted one. look on craig's list. can you travel from the mainlaid with a cooler for your ice cream? drastic times call for drastic measures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi tracy. i hope you have a great weekend. miss you.

    buy and ice cream maker...or maybe one of your many guests with give you as a hostess gift. or just invest in a bag of ice for the transport to keep it extra cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you get the ice cream maker? where is an update on the blog?

    ReplyDelete